Monday, March 02, 2009

OMG, He Said the P Word

OMG, He Said the P Word

(File)
I was watching the Sunday March 1 delayed edition of Wind Tunnel. While waiting to hear from Graham Rahall and Stanton Barrett I heard something that I would not have said in front of my mother… the P word. What?? Did he just say what I though he said? The P word? Yep he did, not only once but twice.

(File)
After several not so intelligent callers, Dave Despain quoted an email saying, “NASCAR fixes the races, Jimmie Johnson is a P word and Kyle Busch is a jerk and NASCAR wants them to lead every lap.” Despain continued asking the question, “how is it in NASCAR’s interest to have a P word and a jerk lead all of the laps? I don’t get that.”

(File)
In his defense:
1. Dave had gone through a long line of not so intelligent callers.
2. The first time he said the P word he was quoting from an email.
3. The program is TVNR which means not rated, watch at your own caution.
4. While you are not to use the P word on broadcast TV (unless you are referring to a cat), you can say it on cable.

(File)
Hey it is cable so they can say what ever they want. I am not about to act all holier that thou saying that he is a bad guy and I have never said that word. I am not proud of it but I have used that word before. My point is I try to keep my language at a certain standard when in the presence of children or my mother and would expect the same of my favorite television shows whether they are over the air or not. I would like to be able to watch Wind Tunnel with my niece and not have to explain to her what a P word is.

Did Dave lose me as a viewer? Do I think that they should restrict what DD says? Nope. But to quote Jim Carr (from Slap Shot), “I think we should keep the comments within the boundaries of good taste.”

Images appearing in this blog courtesy of SPEED.
  • About OPEN WHEELER
  • In this blog, I will feature what is going on with Open Wheeler's. Race results and news that normaly you would have to search for, you should now be able to find it here. I will also comment from time to time on my two other loves, Hockey and Memphis Tiger Football. Thanks for stopping by. You stay classy racing world.
  • OpenWheeler.Blogspot.com is a non-incorporated news and opinion website. The material used is the creation of the webmaster, unless otherwise noted. Use of stillframes from broadcasts is part of fair use news arrangements. Any reproduction or other use of the accounts published here without the expressed written consent of Open Wheeler is strictly prohibited.
  • DISCLAIMER: All blogs are the sole opinion of Blake Johnson and do not necessarly reflect the views and opinions of his employer, any sanctioning body, family or friends. In fact, he may not agree with anyone.