Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Wise Officially with Waltrip

Wise Officially with Waltrip
Back on September 18th we reported that Josh Wise had signed a letter of intent with Michael Waltrip Racing.

The SPEED television program Seven Days featured Wise’s agent Jeff Dickerson. The program followed Dickerson and Wise as he visited with MWR. Monday the USAC standout and MWR made it official just hours after Wise was crowned USAC National Sprint Car Series champion Saturday night in Phoenix.

“Michael Waltrip Racing is proud to be associated with Josh Wise not only for his ability to win championships, but also because of his humble personality,” Waltrip said. “We have already tested Josh in a NASCAR Craftsman Truck a couple of times and have been impressed with his ability to get around the track and provide input to the team.”

Waltrip added that fans can expect to see Josh Wise behind the wheels of NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series, ARCA RE/MAX Series and additional entries at short track races.

”It's easy to see why Tony Stewart believes Josh is the next great driver to come through the USAC ranks. We're proud to have a two-time USAC champion in our camp,” said Ty Norris, General Manager for Michael Waltrip Racing.Wise gave honor to his USAC team owner for giving him an opportunity.

“Without Tony, I wouldn’t be where I’m at,” said Wise. “He took a shot in the dark on me. I was living on the West Coast with my parents and racing my family car. I got a call from him out of the blue one day to come out to the Midwest and drive for him. The experience I have gotten and the success that I have had with his team has been huge for me.” Wise will have plenty of experience surrounding him at MWR. In addition to Waltrip, the organization will field two other Cup cars, one for Dale Jarrett and David Reutimann.

“The two tests that I’ve done, David has been a huge help to me,” said Wise. “I can go to him and just ask. I can say to David, ‘I’m doing this and is this right or is this wrong?’ He can send me down the right path. Having each one of them to talk to will be a huge asset for me.”

Images appearing in this blog courtesy of SPEED and NASCAR Images.
  • About OPEN WHEELER
  • In this blog, I will feature what is going on with Open Wheeler's. Race results and news that normaly you would have to search for, you should now be able to find it here. I will also comment from time to time on my two other loves, Hockey and Memphis Tiger Football. Thanks for stopping by. You stay classy racing world.
  • OpenWheeler.Blogspot.com is a non-incorporated news and opinion website. The material used is the creation of the webmaster, unless otherwise noted. Use of stillframes from broadcasts is part of fair use news arrangements. Any reproduction or other use of the accounts published here without the expressed written consent of Open Wheeler is strictly prohibited.
  • DISCLAIMER: All blogs are the sole opinion of Blake Johnson and do not necessarly reflect the views and opinions of his employer, any sanctioning body, family or friends. In fact, he may not agree with anyone.